Job Opportunity - Visitor Centre Manager
Feb 23 2021
Who Are We?
T&R Theakston Ltd are regional family brewer, run by the 5th generation of the Theakston family based in the North Yorkshire shire Market of Masham. Famous for the legendary Old Peculier Ale as well as many other well established and much loved cask conditioned, brewery conditioned and packaged beers.
Based at the famous Theakston Brewery in Masham, the Visitor Centre Manager is accountable for the performance of the Visitor Centre which encompasses all aspects of the Visitor Experience from the Brewery Tour Programme, running the Brewery Gift Shop itself and via the online shop, the Brewery Tap Room meets both financial and brand targets.
The role will ensure the Visitor Centre showcases the Theakston Brand to both public and trade customers with fun and engaging guided tours of the Brewery, great merchandise and a warm, welcoming Brewery Tap with exemplary customer service.
Leading a team of 3/4 Visitor Centre Ambassadors this is a great opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, with a passion for the beer/drinks and hospitality industry who wants to put a figurative arm around this part of the business and drive its performance.
The successful candidate will be a charismatic leader, passionate about delivering a fantastic customer experience and an understanding or a keenness to learn about beer and the wider drinks industry.
Key accountabilities and outputs:
• Ultimate accountability for Visitor Centre performance ensuring both financial and brand targets are met
• Achieve exceptional customer satisfaction results by leading from the front, setting impeccable standards for all Colleagues, thereby exceeding customers’ expectations in all areas of the operation
• Build team relationships, hold regular team meetings and ensure teams and individual development plans are implemented
• Deliver new, and improve on existing processes, to maximise the efficiency and outputs of the Visitor Centre
• Ensure required margins are achieved through development of appropriate product, careful purchasing of stock, appropriate pricing and effective stock management
• Engage with the local community to develop trade, improve the reputation of the Visitor Centre and to ensure the Visitor Centre is regarded as an essential pillar of the Mashamshire Community
• Understanding and involvement in company marketing activities and devise specific sales and marketing initiatives and footfall drivers to boost sales
• Provide inspiration, plan, organise and host internal and a wide variety of external events, particularly over the summer months
• Ensure the Visitor Experience is delivering best in class in offer, merchandise and tours by staying abreast of competitor marketplace
We would love to hear from you if you have:
• Strong leadership skills and are personable, energetic and capable of managing and motivating front of house team to deliver excellent customer service and achieve targets
• A passion for beer. We love beer and so do our customers. Previous experience with a craft beer offer would be ideal
• Strong commercial knowledge and awareness, highly organised and to be able to take accountability
• Ambition and the will to succeed and overcome challenges. Ability to drive the business forward
• Confident and enthusiastic personality who takes real pride in achieving exceptional customer service
• Strong commercial awareness, understanding business trends within the visitor attraction, brewery tap, merchandise and beer industry
• Proficient in IT with an understanding of spread sheets, word processing and social media
- Competitive basic salary
- Beer allowance
- 31 days holiday (Pro Rata) to confirm
- You get to work at a brewery!
- Full-time - 5 days a week (our busiest day is Saturday)
- Permanent position
- Theakston Brewery, Masham
- Food & Beverages
- Consumer Goods
- Full-time (will include weekends and evenings)
- Customer Service
Please email email@example.com with a profile of your experience and your reason for applying.